The earth. Our only home, our only hope, the only planet known to date in which humanity could survive. Is not it important that you know how much you can learn about it then? Well, let’s test your knowledge and see if you knew these 15 interesting facts about Earth.
If the Earth had a tunnel from one end to the other
If the Earth had a tunnel in its interior that went from one end of the surface to the other and if you threw yourself inside, falling into the void and trying to exit from the other side, it would take about 42 minutes. Can you imagine?
How much is spent in space?
Exactly not known. What is known is that only on the International Space Station, the most expensive object built on Earth, had a total cost of more than 150 billion dollars.
Humans outside the Earth
If a human left the Earth and was released to the outside of outer space without any protection, he would not survive more than 2 minutes.
The size of the Earth
With a mass of 5,972E24 kg and a radius of 6,371 km, we can say that although it is far from being one of the large planets of the Solar System, it is not as small as Mars, for example. Now, in comparison with the giant star that gives name to this planetary system, in the Sun would enter about 1300 million Earths. As size of earth is explained above due to its big size it’s divided into different sub-continents and further divided countries. As already talking about interesting facts about earth can also see our interesting facts about countries on http://www.nationalpedia.com/category/interesting-facts/.
The water bears outside the Earth
Unlike our species, many others live on Earth that are considerably more resistant. The tardigrades, for example, survive more than 10 minutes in absolute vacuum. This is undoubtedly the most amazing animal of which we have knowledge, commonly it is called a water bear and you have millions only in your garden.
Light on Earth
The light on Earth obviously comes from the Sun. On average, light takes 8 minutes and 20 seconds to travel here. This means that if at this precise moment a body larger than the Sun were placed in that path that the solar rays make until they reach the Earth and cover the light, we would not notice until almost 8 and a half minutes later.
How many objects made on Earth are there in space?
It is estimated that more than 38,000. That is the amount of things that are there, in space, made here on Earth. The account is taken from the launch of Sputnik in 1957. In addition, it is also known that of that amount, 22,000 orbit the Earth.
The water of the Earth
The abundant water content on Earth is one of the factors that make our planet so amazing in this planetary system. It is known that 97% of the world’s water is salt water and the remaining 3% is sweet. There is also the issue of water that is frozen, of course: only Antarctica has the same amount of water as the entire Atlantic Ocean, but in a solid state.
Volcanic activity on Earth
Volcanoes are one of the most surprising and also dangerous geological phenomena for life on Earth. Fortunately, 90% of the volcanic activity of the Earth develops under the oceans.
There is a small Sun in the center of the Earth
We know that the core of the Earth is really hot, but you know how much? Well, it is estimated that the temperature of the Earth‘s core is about 9900 degrees F, that is about 5500 ° C, exactly the same
How much do we know about the other animals with which we share the Earth?
Actually we know very, very little about the other animals on Earth. It is estimated that to date only 14% of the species that must exist have been identified. One of the things we do know is that in the next 300 years, 75% will be extinct and unfortunately, we are the animals that have the greatest responsibility.
Too many earthlings .
Well known is the huge problem we have in terms of the human population on Earth. On average, 200,000 children are born every 24 hours and 172,800 people die, which implies a constant growth in the terrestrial population. Oh yes: this also means that 2 people die every second.
A good fraction of the Earth is totally uninhabited. Experts point out that practically 1/3 of the planet is made up of deserts.
How many grains of sand are there on Earth
Obviously, it is an estimate. It is likely that there are about 7500.000.000.000.000.000 grains of sand on Earth.
The Earth and the uniqueness of the water states
Earth is the only planet in the Solar System that has water in all three states of matter: solid, liquid and gas.